Commercial Property Insurance

Property insurance can cover the buildings that you own and/or business property and inventory against physical loss or damage caused by fire, lightning, wind, vandalism, and other perils.

When damage occurs, commercial property insurance will cover your buildings, their contents, and the property just outside your structures, including computers, furniture, equipment, exterior signs, fence and landscaping, inventory, documents, and other people’s property that you have on site as part of your business operations.

Learn More and Get a Quote

Protect Your Buildings, Fixtures,
Equipment & More

• Fire
• Lightning
• Windstorms and hail
• Most explosions
• Accidental property damage
• Theft and vandalism
• Riot or civil commotion
• Automatic sprinkler leakage
• Sinkhole collapse
• Building collapse
• Certain types water/liquid damage

Damage from earthquakes and floods are not covered by commercial property insurance. Separate policies would be needed to protect your property from those risks.

Commercial Property Insurance
How Much Does Commercial Property Insurance Cost?

How Much Does Commercial Property Insurance Cost?

The cost of commercial property insurance will depend on a variety of risk factors, including:
If your building is an area prone to storms or other risks, your premiums will be higher.
Your cost typically will be lower if your wiring, plumbing, and heating and air conditioning systems are updated and if your building is constructed of fireproof materials.
Some industries by their nature carry more risk, and that will affect premiums.
If you’ve installed a security system, sprinkler system, fire alarms, etc., and are near a fire station, that will help keep your commercial property insurance premium down.
Contents Coverage for Leased Spaces

Contents Coverage for Leased Spaces

If you don’t own your building, you’ll still need contents coverage. In most policies, property insurance for business contents covers furniture, fixtures, inventory, office equipment and other supplies stored at your facility or off-premises. You may insure those items for replacement cost or for actual cash value (ACV), which pays only for the depreciated value of the property.
Replacement cost policies have higher premiums, however they can help your business recover from a loss faster, since you can replace all the lost or damaged property with new items. If you lease some of the equipment at your business, the leasing company may require that you insure the property at replacement value.
Property Insurance for Home-Based Businesses

Property Insurance for Home-Based Businesses

If you operate a business in your home, your homeowner’s policy will offer some business property coverage. But a commercial property policy might be needed in certain circumstances. Contact Oliver & Associates to see what type of coverage makes sense for your business.

Commercial Farm Insurance

Commercial Farm

Farming is a rewarding, but risky, business. We offer comprehensive farm insurance to ensure your livelihood is protected. No matter the size or type of farm you operate, we offer products that will protect your structures, machinery, livestock, crops, and employees. We’ll tailor a customized policy that fits your farm’s specific needs.  


Business Owner's Policy

Life & Health

Can't Find what you're looking for?

Send us a message!